Dawn's Kohlrabi Fritters
This recipe has been created by the very wonderful Dawn, who works as one of the picking and packing team at The Arch. It's a fabulously easy meal and a real knock-out to serve to family and friends.
- 1 kohlrabi, grated
- 2 carrots, grated
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 2 potatoes, grated
- 1 onion, grated
- 1 egg, whisked
- small bunch of parsely, finely shredded
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Grate all vegetables, and squeeze dry within a tea towel and return back to bowl
- Finely chop the garlic and the herbs and add those into the vegetables
- Beat an egg in a sperate small bowl and then pour over the vegetables, season to taste
- Pat the mixture in small, even rounds, use the back of a spoon to squash the fritters into a slightly flat circular shape.
- Preheat a non stick frying pan with olive oil and cook until golden brown on either side
- If cooking in batches, place in the oven on low heat 170C, whilst you prepare the rest
This dish is served well with new colleen potatoes and salad leaves with a simple dressing.