Ham, cheese & pear salad
Whip up this ham, ricotta, pear, rocket and couscous salad in just 15 minutes. Serving two, it's a lovely summer lunch or speedy balanced supper
- 100g couscous
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1 tbsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tsp honey
- 80g baby spinach
- 60g rocket
- 2 small pears, cored, quartered and finely sliced
- 50g ricotta
- 1⁄2 small bunch of chives, finely sliced
- 1 lemon, zested
- 4 thin slices of ham, shredded
- Tip the couscous into a heatproof bowl and pour over 140ml boiling water from the kettle. Cover and leave for 4 mins. Meanwhile, whisk the olive oil, mustard, vinegar and honey together in a bowl. Set aside.
- Toss the spinach, rocket and pears with the dressing. Fluff the couscous with a fork, then mix into the salad while still warm (this will wilt the greens slightly). Divide between two plates.
- Combine the ricotta and 2 tbsp water with most of the chives and the lemon zest. Top the salad with spoonfuls of the ricotta mixture, the ham and remaining chives. Finish with a grinding of black pepper, if you like.