Pasta with Broad Beans, Rocket, and Feta
Pasta with broad beans, rocket, and feta
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves of garlic, crushed or finely chopped
- 100ml dry white wine
- 200g feta, crumbled
- 350g broad beans, shelled
- 300g pasta
- 150g rocket, chopped
- 1 bunch of basil, chopped
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan and saute the onion for 5 minutes, or until the onion is starting to become translucent and softened. Add the garlic and saute for a minute, not letting it colour. Add the wine and simmer for 2-3 minutes to reduce slightly. Stir in the feta and rocket and heat gently for a couple of minutes, stirring occasionally to allow the sauce to warm through and the feta to melt. Stir in the basil.
- Meanwhile, cook the pasta in a large pan of boiling water until al dente. Three minutes before you think the pasta will be ready, add the broad beans, and continue cooking for a further 3 minutes (don't overcook). Reserve 1 cup of cooking water. Drain well and return to the pan. Add the sauce to the pan and toss well. If too dry, add some cooking water. Season with plenty of freshly ground black pepper, and serve.