Roasted tomatoes & creamy tahini yogurt
Try the moreish combination of hot tomatoes and cold yogurt - and stir tahini through the yogurt to make it rich and nutty. This is a wonderful summer dish
- 600g mixed heritage or heirloom tomatoes
- 5 small garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 4 thyme or oregano sprigs
- 3 tbsp extra virgin olive oil, plus an extra drizzle to serve
- 400g thick Greek yogurt
- 3 tbsp tahini
- pinch of chilli flakes, such as Aleppo (optional)
- flatbreads or focaccia, to serve
- Heat the oven to 180C/160C fan/gas 4. Put the tomatoes on a baking tray lined with baking parchment, then scatter over the garlic and thyme, reserving a few thyme leaves. Drizzle with the oil and season with a little salt. Roast for 25-30 mins until the tomatoes have softened but are still holding their shape.
- Meanwhile, combine the yogurt with the tahini and ½ tsp sea salt flakes. Chill until needed.
- Spread the cold yogurt mixture over a large serving plate. Spoon over the tomatoes, along with the garlic and thyme and pour over the roasting juices. Sprinkle with a pinch of chilli flakes, if you like, and the reserved thyme, then serve with flatbreads or focaccia for scooping everything up.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter 'News from the Arch'