Spinach, Carrot and Potato Pakora
Traditional spicy vegetable pakoras. So scrumptious.
- 250g spinach, roughly chopped
- 250g carrots, grated
- 250g potatoes, grated
- 150g chickpea flour
- 1 onion, sliced
- 2 red chillies, finely chopped
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 3 teaspoon garam masala
- Combine all the ingredients together
- Add just enough luke warm water to create a paste
- Add more flour if needed. The consistency should be firm enough for you to mold in your hands as it will be fried in a little oil to create the pakoras, so if it's too runny it won't work.
- Fry in hot oil turning every 2-3 minutes until lightly crisp and brown
- Serve with a traditional mango chutney
Use sweet potato instead of reguar potato for a delicious flavour (sweet potatoes have more vitamins A & C, too!)
Use any leafy green you can cook that you have on hand, in place of spinach.