Spinach, Mushroom & Lemon Pilaf
Great looking, stylish main course can be good for you, and this spinach, mushroom and lemon pilaf is no exception. Quick and easy, this is perfect if you're entertaining friends mid-week
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, crushed
- 50g butter
- 150g chestnut or button mushrooms
- 1 stick cinnamon, sliced
- 4 whole cloves
- cardamom pods, 4 bruised
- 250g basmati rice
- 1/2 lemon, zested and juiced
- 450ml vegetable stock
- 200g spinach, washed and roughly chopped
- Cook the onion and garlic in the butter in a large shallow pan until soft and golden. Add the mushrooms and cook until softened. Add the spices and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the rice, lemon zest and stock. Cover.
- Cook on a gentle heat for about 15 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed. Stir through the spinach and lemon juice, cover for 2 minutes until wilted and serve.