Sprout, Carrot and Parsnip Salad with Aji Sauce
A creative and tasty twist to sprouts!
- 200g carrots, sliced diagonally
- 200g parsnips, sliced diagonally
- 1 onion squash, sliced into wedges
- 200g sprouts, parboiled, halved
- 3 tbsp sunflower oil
- Flaky sea salt
- 3 tablespoon sunflower oil
- 2 fresh jalapeno chillies, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon parsley
- 2 tablespoon coriander
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon palm sugar
For the aji sauce:
Preheat the oven to 200C/400F/gas mark 6. Toss the carrots, parsnips and squash in the oil, season generously, then roast for 30-40 minutes or until well caramelised.
Heat a griddle pan to high. Toss the sprouts in a little oil and griddle them cut side-down until char marks appear.
Blitz all of the aji dressing ingredients in a food processor with some salt. Taste and adjust the flavours, by adding more vinegar or sugar to achieve the perfect sweet and sour balance.
Mix the vegetables on a platter and spoon the sauce on top.