Squash, Chickpea Green Curry
Squash, chickpea, chard/spinach/spring green curry
- 1 large onion, finely sliced
- 4 cloves of garlic, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 can chopped tomatoes
- half a squash, peeled, deseeded and cut into chunks
- 1 can chickpeas, drained
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 package of greens, such as spinach/chard/springs greens, washed and rough stalks removed
- 500ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 green chilli
- thumb sized piece of ginger, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- 1 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- half a cucumber, finely chopped
- 250ml natural yogurt
- 1 bunch of mint, finely chopped
- Gently fry the onions on a low heat till soft, approx 10 mins.
- Add the spices, garlic, chilli and ginger. Stir and cook for a few minutes. Add the squash and cook on a medium for a further few minutes.
- Add the chickpeas, tomatoes and stock. Bring to the boil and simmer till the vegetables are soft, 35-40 minutes.
- While the veg are cookling mix together the ingredients to make a raita (cucumber, yogurt and mint) in a bowl and leave in the fridge till needed
- Turn down the heat under the veg and add the coconut milk, fresh coriander and spinach. Simmer for a few more minutes, till the coconut milk has heated through and the spinach wilted.
- Serve with rice and the cucumber raita.