Stuffed Chard Leaves
Thanks to Antoinette, who is part of our amazing packing team. This receipe is a variation on stuffed vine leaves and is defintely one to try.
- 1 onion
- 100g mushrooms
- 100g mince meat, optional
- 1 teaspoon mixed spices
- salt and pepper to taste
- 200g cooked rice
- tomate paste
- 1 bunch of chard leaves
- Soften the leaves in hot water before wrapping.
- Fry a mix of onions, mushrooms or mince meat, season with salt, pepper and any other spices you prefer
- Add some rice, mix until everything is coated. Add tomato paste and mix well.
- Take the soften chard leaves, and put a dollop of rice mixture in the center of each leaf. Wrap it tightly into a burrito/roll shape, being sure to tuck in the edges and form a tight bundle so the filling does not escape.
- Once all the leaves are filled, pack them into a pan with a lid. Squeeze them all in so you have one layer, cover them over with a large leaf and add water so they are just covered and simmer for around 15 mins until they are warm throughout