Swiss Chard Tart
Swiss chard tart
- 500g swiss chard, stalks removed
- 2 eggs
- 50g grated parmesan
- 1 tablespoon pine kernels, toasted
- 150g flour
- 75g butter
- Rub the butter into the flour till it resembles breadcrumbs, add a opinch of salt and enough iced water to bind. Gather into a ball and leave to chill for about 30 mins. If in a hurry use some ready made short pastry.
- Line a 18cm tart dish with the pastry, cover with grease proof paper and backing beand and bake blind for 8 mins at 200c. Remove the beans, return to the oven for 2 to 5 mins to allow the base to turn golden.
- Cook the chard in boiling water for 3 mins, drain well and chop.
- Beat the eggs, add the grated parmesan and season. Spread the chard over the pastry shell, sprinkle in the pine kernels and then pour in the egg mix. Bake in the over at 180c for 15 to 20 mins, till the egg has set but is still a bit wobbly.
- Serve hot with salad and waxy potatoes.