A quick Indian homely dish.
- 225g potatoes, cooked, cooled and diced
- 1 cauliflower, broken into florets and soaked in cold water for 30 mins
- 1 teaspoon whole cumin seeds
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin seeds
- 0.5 teaspoon ground coriander seeds
- 0.25 teaspoon turmeric
- 0.25 teaspoon cayenne
- 0.5 fresh green chilli, finely chopped
- Heat oil in a large pan, add the whole cumin seeds and cook for 3 seconds.
- Drain the cauliflower and add to the pan, toss in the oil, cover and simmer for about 6 minutes till it is just done.
- Add the green chilli and stir.
- Add the ground spices, mix.
- Add the potatoes, mix gently, season to taste and allow to heat through. Serve with your favourite Indian accompaniments