Apple Doughnut Cake
This cake was shared amongst the Local Greens team at break today to celebrate a birthday. We hope you enjoy it as much as we did. Cake is always better to share with friends.
- 1 cup margarine
- 2 cup sugar
- 3 cup plain flour
- 1.5 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 6 apples, peeled and cored
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup sultanas
- Heat oven to 160C. Grease a baking ring and set aside.
- Cook apples with a tablesppon of water and few tablespoons of sugar to taste until fluffy and white
- Cream together margarine and sugar
- Add flour, fruit and spices to batter. Once cooked, chop up the apples, then gradually fold into the batter
- Pour into a baking ring and cook for approximately 1.5 hours
- When cool, sprinkle with icing sugar and serve
This recipe is vegan.