Apricot-Almond Baked Oatmeal
A fruity twist on your morning oatmeal. Bake it for a crispy top and make a batch for the whole week ahead.
- 225g oats
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 130g whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 300g apricots, stone removed and roughly chopped
- 300ml whole milk
- 150ml double cream
- 60ml honey
- 65g brown sugar, divided
- 1 egg
- 60g butter, divided (30g butter melted, 30g butter room temperature)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Preheat the oven to 175° C and generously butter a square baking dish.
- In a large bowl, combine the oats, baking powder, cinnamon, ginger, and salt. Stir in the almonds and apricots. Spread the mixture evenly into the prepared baking dish.
- In a medium bowl, whisk the milk, cream, honey, 50g brown sugar, egg, the melted butter, and vanilla to combine. Pour over the oats. Dollop with remaining butter and sprinkle with remaining brown sugar.
- Bake until the oatmeal has absorbed the liquid and is golden brown on the surface, 25 to 30 minutes. Cool slightly before serving.