A gorgeous layered pie, which is great to serve with potatoes on an autumnal day.
- 300g squash, cut into cubes
- 200g ricotta
- 1 package mizuna (or other leafy green)
- 3 bell peppers
- salt and pepper to taste
- basil to taste
- 1 package of shortcrust pastry
- 100g salted butter
- Roast the squash at 190C for 40 mins. Leave the cubes to cool once tender.
- While the squash is cooking, evenly chop all other veg and cook each seperately in a frying pan to soften. Seasoning to taste as you go
- Roll out the shortcrust pastry and fit into a pie dish. Leave enough for a lid or to fold over and cover the inside
- Mix squash with basil. Place a layer of squash into the bottom of the pie
- Layer the bell peppers, then mizuna and ricotta to top
- Place pastry top on and cook for approaximately 40 mins or until pastry is golden brown
- Serve warm