Beans with Corn and Pumpkin
Beans with corn and pumpkin
- 250g dried small beans, such as haricot, pinto or black beans, soaked overnight
- 2 tablespoon paprika
- 4 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 onions, finely chopped
- 2 green chillies, seeded and chopped
- 250g sweetcorn kernels, fresh or frozen
- 500g tomatoes, skinned and chopped
- 0.5 teaspoon dried oregano
- 500g pumpkin, peeled and cubed. Winter squash can also be used
Drain the beans, but keep the soaking liquid. Heat the oil in a large pan, add the paprika, stir and fry for a few seconds, add the onion. Cook slowly till soft. Add the beans and enough soaking liquid to cover. Simmer till beans are tender. Add the rest of the ingredients and simmer for about 15 mins or till the squash collapses and thickens the sauce. Season to taste and serve.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter 'News from the Arch'