Beetroot & Seeds Muffins
Mandy Mazliah's beetroot & seeds muffins
- 225g self raising flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 180 ml sunflower oil
- 225g soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs, seperated
- 150g raw beetroot, grated
- 1/2 lemon, juiced
- 75g sultanas
- 75g mixed seeds
- Preheat the over to 180C. Line a muffin tin with papers.
- Sift together the flour, bicarbonate of soda and baking powder. Beat the oil and sugar together, then add the egg yolks, one by one and beat until well mixed
- Fold in the grated beetroot, then add the lemon juice, sultanas and seeds. Fold in the flour mixture.
- Beat the egg whites till almost stiff. Fold into the mixture.
- Spoon into prepared muffin tin and bake for 15-20 mins, till firm on top and skewer comes out clean. Leave to cool on a wire rack.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter 'News from the Arch'