Black Radish and Potato Salad
The pungency of the black radish is toned down by the sweetness of the salad potatoes.
- 450g Charlotte potatoes, washed and diced
- 1 clove of garlic, peeled and crushed
- 220g black radish, scrubbed and roughly grated
- 2 teaspoon mild vinegar
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 teaspoon smoked paprika
- 1 bunch chives, finely chopped
- 1 bunch parsley, finely chopped
- 10 walnuts, chopped (optional)
Cook the potatoes in salted water. Towards the end of the cooking, drop in the garlic to cook lightly. Drain and set aside to cool until just slightly warm.
Place the grated radish in a salad bowl, sprinkle with salt, toss to coat, and set aside while the potatoes are cooking; the salt will take the edge off the radish.
Chop the cooked garlic clove finely and add it to the salad bowl. Add the vinegar, oil, and paprika, and toss to combine.
Add the potatoes and the herbs to the bowl and toss gently to combine. Taste and adjust the seasoning.
Top with the chopped walnuts, and serve.