Broad Bean Salad
This simple spring salad combines broad beans with mint, garlic, lemon and cheese for a bright and fresh dish
- 140g broad beans
- 0.5 lemon, zest and juice
- 1 garlic clove, chopped
- 25g spinach
- 25g rocket
- 25g watercress
- handful of mint leaves, picked
- salt and pepper to taste
- 40g strong cheese, hard variety, shaved
- Bring a pan of water to the boil. Drop in the broad beans and simmer for two to three minutes, until they are tender.
- Drain, transfer to a bowl and add the lemon zest.
- Roughly chop and crush the garlic clove, using the flat blade of a chunky, sharp knife.
- Scoop the smashed-up garlic into a jar, add the lemon juice and oil, then screw the lid on and shake well to make the dressing.
- Toss the beans with the spinach, rocket and watercress, and the whole mint leaves. Dress, season with salt and pepper, and top with the cheese shavings.