Butternut Squash Pasta Sauce
A creamy (and vegan) pasta sauce!
- 2 squash
- 1 teaspoon chilli flakes
- 2 clove garlic
- 2 onions
- 1 teaspoon dried sage or a few leaves fresh sage
- 450 ml vegetable stock
- Chop the squash, onions, garlic and sage (if using fresh sage).
- Heat olive oil in the pan and sautee the onions until translucent.
- Add in the squash and sprinkle over the sage and chilli, allow to cook and soften for a few minutes.
- Add the veg stock to the pan. Bring to boil, then simmer for about 15 minutes.
- If serving with pasta, cook it separately and drain once done. Save a cupful of pasta water.
- Once the veg mixture is soft, use a hand blender or food processor to blend the veg into a creamy sauce.
- Combine the sauce and pasta, if too thick add in some of the pasta water.
- Season to taste