Carrot and Rhubarb Marmalade
This recipe has been created by fellow Local Greener Joe Welstead, it looks and tastes senstational.
- 4 cup carrots, grated
- 4 cup rhurbarb, grated
- 2 lemons
- 5 cup sugar
- 1.5 cup water
- Cut off the rinds of the lemons and chop
- Add the chopped rinds and juice of the lemons in a large pan.
- Keep the pith of the lemons and place in a cheesecloth.
- Add all other ingredients to the pan and bring to a gentle boil.
- Dip in the cheesecloth and leave it to simmer.
- Cook for a good two hours, checking the consistency and stirring occasionally.
- Remember the jam will thicken as it cools! Pour immediately into sterilised jam jars - it should make enough for three pots.