Carrot Tzatski with Sesame Seed Flatbreads
Begin this recipe 1 day before you want to server it. Joe knows how to cook, and cook heathily so go check out his instagram page @joewelstead
- 250g natural yoghurt
- 1 clove garlic, unpeeled
- 200g carrots
- 1 teaspoon salt flakes
- 1 teaspoon honey
- 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- zest from one lemon
- extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- crispy fennel-seed flatbread, to serve
- Place the yoghurt in the centre of a clean J-cloth or square of muslin. Bring the corners together and tie securely with string, then place in a sieve with a bowl underneath to catch any liquid. Drain in the fridge overnight.
- Preheat the oven to 180°C (fan-forced). Wrap the garlic clove in foil and roast for 10–15 minutes or until soft. Allow to cool, then remove the skin.
- Wash and peel the carrots, then finely grate. Season with the salt and set aside for 15 minutes, then place in the centre of a clean J-cloth or square of muslin and wring out any excess moisture.
- Measure out 75g of the hung yoghurt and combine in a bowl with the carrot, garlic, honey, cayenne pepper, lemon zest, lemon juice and extra yoghurt. Leftover hung yoghurt can be used to make other dips, such as beetroot tzatziki.
- Transfer the tzatziki to a bowl and drizzle with a little olive oil. Serve with crispy flatbread.