Carrots in a Blanket
An alternative to traditional pigs in a blanket.
- 12 carrots
- 500g puff pasty
- 1 handful fresh dill
- Take the puff pastry out of the fridge.
- Wash the carrots, cut them in half and boil them until soft. Drain and let them cool.
- Now peel them and cook them on a pan in hot oil (not deep-frying, just regular pan-frying) until golden brown. Add some salt and pepper to taste.
- Mix the carrots with chopped fresh dill. Pre-heat the oven to 430 F / 220 C.
- Roll out the puff pastry on a floured surface. Cut out 24 squares and roll a carrot into every square. Cover the baking tray with a parchment paper and put the pastries on it. Bake for 15 minutes at 430 F / 220 C.