Celeriac and Bramley Apple Soup
Celeriac and bramley apple soup.
- 1 celeriac approx 600g, peeled and diced
- 2 onions, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 Bramley apples, peeled, cored and diced
- 60g butter
- 1 L vegetable or chicken stock
- 300g Jerusalem artichokes optional, can swap with 300g of more apples or celeriac
Sweat the vegetables in the butter, over a medium heat, for 5 to 10 minutes till soft. Add the stock, bring to boil and simmer for 10 minutes. Add the apple, season to taste and cook for a further 10 minutes. Blend, adjust seasoning and heat through. Serve garnished with creme fraiche or crispy bacon.