Celery & Stilton Gratin
This can be served either as an accompanying vegetable, or as a vegetarian main course with some nutty brown rice.
- 225g celery
- 50g stilton
- 2 tablespoon half fat creme fraiche
- 1 tablespoon butter
- dash of celery salt
- salt and pepper
- Start off by trimming the celery stalks and cutting them into 5-6 inch (13-15cm) lengths so they fit snugly into the gratin dish.
- Then peel them to get rid of the stringy bits, pop them into a steamer and steam for just 7 minutes. Now arrange the celery over the base of the gratin dish and season with salt and pepper.
- Crumble the Stilton all over the celery, tucking it into any gaps as well, then spoon the crème fraiche over, using a spatula to spread it evenly all over the surface. Finally toss the breadcrumbs in the melted butter then sprinkle them evenly over the top and give them a light sprinkling of celery salt.
- Then transfer the dish to the centre of the pre-heated oven and cook for 25 minutes until the top has browned nicely and the celery stalks are tender.