Crispy Broccoli Salad
Broccoli lovers rejoice: this crispy salad serves up broccoli topped with a crispy, spicy coating. It's accompanied with mixed grains, mint and rocket
- 75g ground almonds
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1 broccoli, stalk removed, cut into quarters, then halved again to make 8 wedges
- 1 red onion peeled and finely sliced
- 1 egg ,beaten
- 1 lemon, juiced
- 75g natural yoghurt
- 250g mixed grain pouch
- half a bag of rocket
- half a bag of mint
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix the ground almonds and garam masala together with some seasoning. Stir the broccoli pieces with the egg to coat, then in the almond mix. Tip onto a lined baking tray and put into the oven to roast for 15 mins.
- Mix the onion with half the lemon juice and a splash of water, then set aside to lightly pickle. Mix the remaining lemon juice with the yogurt, season and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, mix the cooked mixed grains with the rocket and most of the red onion. Drizzle in half the dressing, toss, then tip onto a serving plate and top with the crispy broccoli. Drizzle with the remaining dressing, mint leaves and a final scattering of red onion slices.