Jean's Chard and Chickpea Delight
Jean's chard and chickpea delight
- 400g chickpeas (cooked) drain and rinse
- 1 bunch chard, chopped and thick stems removed
- 2 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 dry chili, crumbled
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces
- ½ cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree or passata
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat, add chilli, stir for a few seconds. Add onion and carrot, fry till tender. Add wine and chick peas and puree, then cook down till thick. Add chard and most of parsley. Season and cook for 10 mins. Add lemon juice, sprinkle rest of parsley and serve immediately.
Lemon juice will discolour chard and parsley, so don't add it until ready to serve.