Chard and Chickpea Delight
Chard and chickpea delight
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 dry chili, crumbled
- 1 red onion, sliced
- 2 carrots, peeled and cut into small pieces
- ½ cup white wine
- 400g chickpeas (cooked) drain and rinse
- 1 bunch chard, chopped and thick stems removed
- 1 tablespoon tomato puree or passata
- 1 tablespoon flat leaf parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Heat 2 tablespoons olive oil over medium heat, add chilli and stir for a few seconds. Add onion and carrot. Cook until tender.
- Add wine, chickpeas and tomato puree. Allow it to cook down till thick.
- Add chard and most of the parsley. Season and cook for 10 minutes more to wilt the chard.
- Add lemon juice, sprinkle the rest of the parsley on top and serve immediately.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter 'News from the Arch'