Jerusalem artichoke dip
Jerusalem artichoke dip with feta and chilli
- 600g Jerusalem artichokes
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 30g pecorino, finely grated
- 60ml extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for drizzling
- 70g feta, crumbled
- ½ tsp dried chilli flakes
- ¼ x 25g pack flat leaf parsley, leaves only
1. Peel the Jerusalem artichokes and wash under running water. (Don’t worry if a small amount of peel remains in the crevices). Cut into small pieces, transfer to a pan of salted water and bring to the boil. Simmer for 15-20 minutes until completely tender.
2. Transfer the Jerusalem artichokes to a food processor with the garlic, lemon juice and pecorino. Whizz to a paste then, with the motor running, gradually pour in the oil until combined and smooth. Season, bearing in mind that you will be serving it with salty feta.
3. Put the dip into a serving bowl and scatter over the feta, chilli and parsley leaves. Drizzle over a little more olive oil and serve with bread to dip or as a side dish with grilled fish or meat.
Subscribe to our newsletter
Subscribe to our newsletter 'News from the Arch'