Kohlrabi and Carrot Slaw
Eaten raw, it’s fresh, crisp, and the ideal ingredient for a summer slaw.
- 1 large kohlrabi, peeled, stems trimmed off, grated
- 1/4 head purple cabbage, shredded
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and grated
- 1/2 red onion, grated
- 4 tablespoons chopped cilantro
- 1/4 cup golden raisins
- 1/4 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
Combine the kohlrabi, cabbage, carrots, onion, cilantro, and raisins (if using) in a large bowl. In a smaller bowl, whisk together the mayonnaise, cider vinegar, sugar, and salt. Pour the dressing over the slaw, and mix until fully coated. Chill for several hours before serving.
Please note that most of the vegetables in this recipe need to be grated. This goes much faster if you have a food processor with a shredding blade, or a mandoline.