Leek and Potato Soup
A classic, warm soup for those cold, cloudy days.
- 1tbsp of butter
- 1 onion, diced
- 400g leeks
- 400g potatoes
- 900ml vegetable stock
- 100ml cream (optional, or non-dairy substitute)
- Peel and dice the potatoes into small cubes. Chop up the leeks into about 1cm rounds
- In a stockpot, or other large pot, on the stovetop over medium heat, add the butter and let it melt. Add the onions and leeks, stir and let cook until softened, about 5 minutes
- Add the stock and the potatoes. Bring to the boil, then simmer for 20 minutes or until the potatoes are cooked and tender
- Blend the soup. A stick blender works well directl into the pot. If transferring to a blender, take great care with the hot liquic. Stir in the cream when smooth. Add salt and pepper to taste. Serve with fresh, crusty bread!