Leeks and Cheese on Posh Toast
A delicious twist on the classic comfort of cheese on toast, this makes a generous portion for 1 hungry person.
- 25g butter
- 2 leeks, washed and finely sliced
- 2 slies of sourdough bread, thickly slices
- 50g cheddar cheese, grated
- pinch of thyme leaves
- Melt the butter in a medium sized pan on a medium heat and add the leeks (with thyme leaves if you have any).
- Turn the heat right down and put a lid on the pan, sweating the leeks for about 10 minutes (make sure you check and stir often so they don’t catch – you want them tender and silky, not browned or crisp). Season to taste.
- Preheat the grill and gently toast the bread. Heap the leeks and butter on and grate cheese over the top - then grill until it bubbles.