- 250g mushrooms sliced, increase or decrease quantity depending on what you have.
- 120g butter
- 175g long grain rice, cooked
- 1 large onion, sliced into half moons
- 2 leaves of fresh sage or a pinch of dried
- 3 eggs, hard boiled
- 1 shortcrust pastry frozen, or made using 250g flour and 125g
Saute the onion in 40g of the butter with the sage leaves, till very soft, but not browned. Grease a pie dish, using half of the remaining butter. Spread the mushrooms in the bottom. Cover with the rice and then the onion. Slice the eggs, lay on top and dot with the remaining butter. Cover the whole thing with the pastry and brush an egg wash. Bake at 200c for up to 30 mins, not allowing the top to over brown.