Naked Barley and Vegetable Soup
A hearty soup of leftover vegetables and Hodmedod's organic naked barley
- 1 carrot, peeled and diced
- 1 onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 celery stalk, washed and diced
- 1 leek, washed and sliced
- 1 potato, peeled and diced
- ½ squash, peeled, deseeded and diced
- 1litre vegetable stock
- 100g barley
- 1 bouquet garni
Heat a generous splash of olive oil in a pot.
Add the onion, carrot, leek and celery and sweat over a low heat for about 10 mins
Add the potato and squash and saute for another 10 mins.
Add the stock, naked barley, bouquet garni and season, bring to the boil and simmer for 30 mins, till the barley is tender.
Remove the buquet garni, check seasonong and serve.