Pan-Fried Cabbage with Leeks and Bacon
A great way to use leek and cabbage in a simple, vitamin C-packed side dish.
- 5 slices streaky bacon
- 2 red onions
- 2 leeks, cut into rings
- 1 cabbage, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon curly parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoon butter
- In a dry frying pan or skillet, cook the strips of bacon until crispy.
- Remove the bacon from the pan and allow to drain on kitchen paper.
- Add 1 tbsp butter to the bacon fat in the frying pan, along with the onion and leeks. Cook gently over a medium-low heat until soft and translucent.
- Add the cabbage, and cook until tender, stirring regularly (about 5 mins). Mix through remaining butter and season to taste.
- Place the cooked vegetables on a serving plate, crumble the crispy bacon over the dish and scatter with finely chopped parsley.