Rainbow Chard and Ricotta Tart
Rainbow chard and ricotta tart
- 1 pie pastry shell, pre-made or homemade
- 200g rainbow chard
- 1 small bunch fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 100 g ricotta
- 2 large eggs, plus 2 yolks
- 200ml double cream
- 200ml whole milk
- 1 onion, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 180c. Line a 25cm tart tin with the pastry. Cover with foil and fill with baking beans. Blind bake for 15 mins. Remove foil and beans, prick the base all over with a fork and bake for a further 10-15 mins, till pastry is starting to colour.
- Prepare the chard by removing the leaves from the stalks, chop the stalks and shred the leaves.
- To make the filling heat some olive oil in a large frying pan. Add the onion and thyme and sweat gently for about 10 mins. Add the garlic and chard stalks, cook stirring often for another 10 mins. Add the shredded leaves and cook for 5 mins. Season with salt and pepper.
- Spoon the ricotta into the prepared pastry. Spread the chard mixture in next. Lightly beat the eggs, egg yolks, cream and milk together in a bowl. Season well with salt and pepper. Pour over the tart filling. Bake for 35mins until golden. Serve warm.