Roasted Veg Ratatouille
This veg packed dish uses lots of seasonal summer veg, can be served with pasta or chickpeas and couscous. Leftovers can be served cold as a salad or added to a sandwich.
- 1 aubergine, trimmed and cut into rounds
- 2 courgettes, trimmed and cut into rounds
- olive oil
- 1 onion, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, de-seeded and thinly sliced
- 2 cloves of garlic, peeled and minced
- 250g tomatoes, sliced into rounds
- 1 bunch of basil, chopped
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat oven to 200C/fan 180C/gas 6.
- Spread the aubergine and courgette rounds on a baking sheet and drizzle with olive oil. Season and roast for 20 min until turning golden. Remove from heat once done.
- Meanwhile, saute the onion, red pepper and garlic until carmelised and cooked down until almost breaking apart. Season to taste.
- Spread the pepper and onion mixture into the bottom of a baking dish in an even layer. Arrange the cooked aubergine, courgette and tomatoes in an alternating pattern on top, until you have filled the dish. Roast for a further 10 mins or until the tomatoes are cooked and softened.
- Remove from the oven and scatter with basil before serving