Red Rudolph Potatoe Mash
- 1 kg rudolph potatoes, peeled, cut into large chunks
- 200ml milk
- 500g butter, diced and cold
- sea salt
- Place the potatoes in a pan with cold, salted water. Bring to simmer and cook slowly, without boiling, until just cooked.
- Drain off the water and place back on heat to dry out excess moisture.
- Push the potatoes through a drum sieve. Use a downward motion and do not rub the potatoes.
- Place into a clean pan and warm up.
- Heat the milk and gradually beat into the potato.
- Add a few knobs of butter while beating with spatula. Once butter is fully incorporated, add more. Season with salt.
- Pass through drum sieve twice.
- Reheat gently.