Sausage & Swede Traybake
Forget boring bangers and mash, this seasonal traybake with roasted red onions, apples and swede is much more colourful, and just as easy to prepare.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon maple syrup
- half a pack of fresh thyme
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 teaspoon red wine vinegar
- 1 swede (about 900g/2lb), peeled and cut into 3cm/1¼in chunks
- 2 red onions, cut into wedges
- 8 sausages
- 3 tart eating apples, such as granny smith or pink lady, cut into wedges
- Heat oven to 200C/180C fan/gas 6. Mix the oil, maple syrup, thyme, cumin and red wine vinegar together with seasoning.
- Toss the swede and onions in the maple mix, then spread out in a large roasting tin and roast in the oven for 15 mins.
- Add the sausages and apple wedges, and cook for 30-45 mins more, stirring halfway through, until the vegetables are soft and caramelised, and the sausages are cooked through. Serve with broccoli.