Shaved Fennel Salad
This sophisticated raw fennel salad is dressed simply with bright citrus, good olive oil, a sprinkling of parmesan and fresh mint to let the lightly anise-like flavor of the shaved fennel shine.
- fennel bulbs
- 60 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tbsp lemon zest
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/4 tsp pepper
- 2 tbsp fresh mint, roughly chopped
- 1/2 cup parmesan (optional)
- In a small bowl, mix together olive oil, lemon zest, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Set aside.
- Using a mandolin (or excellent knife skills), shave fennel on the thinnest setting, until it is almost translucent. Toss shaved fennel along with fresh mint, parmesan cheese and prepared lemon salad dressing.