Smoked Fish & Asparagus Rolls
Simple dish to create for a lunch or dinner with some extra veg or a salad or the side.
- 4 slices smoked trout or salmon about the size of your palm
- 8 asparagus
- ½ bunch fresh chives
- 1 tablespoon grated hard cheese, if desired
- Preheat oven 210°C/ 410F
- Wash the asparagus under cool running water and trim away the bottom 1/3 of the stalk. As the asparagus should be quite fine, you don’t need to peel off any hard skin.
- Fill a medium to large saucepan with water, about half way to the top. Bring to a boil (do not add salt as the smoked trout is very salty). Add the asparagus and reduce heat slightly – cook for 4 minutes, or until crisp and tender.
- Divide/cut asparagus into 3 equally sized pieces. Place three to four pieces diagonally on each slice of smoked trout and roll tightly. Sprinkle with Comté cheese (if desired) and cook in a preheated oven, on a high rack, for 10 minutes until cheese has melted and is slightly golden and the fish starts to colour. Sprinkle with black pepper and finely chopped chives.