Three-Tomato Salad with Avocado and Bacon
Choose you own favourite British tomatoes for this wonderful salad – try a combination of Beef, Large Vine, Classic, Baby Plum or Cherry – just aim to choose 3 varieties with a size or shape variation.
- 6 british classic tomatoes, sliced
- 12 british cherry tomatoes, halved
- 12 british baby plum, halved
- 1 ripe avocado, halved, pitted and peeled
- 6 rashers of bacon
- a few basil leaves to garnish
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon wholegrain mustard
- pinch of sugar
- salt and pepper to taste
- Preheat the grill.
- Share the slices of classic tomato between 2 serving plates, or arrange them on 1 large platter. Scatter the cherry tomato halves and baby plum tomatoes on top.
- Slice the avocado neatly, and arrange on top of the tomatoes. Put the rashers of bacon onto the grill pan and grill until crispy.
- While the bacon is cooking, make the dressing by whisking together the olive oil, cider vinegar and wholegrain mustard. Season with a pinch of sugar, salt and pepper.
- Snip the bacon rashers over the tomatoes, then serve, sprinkled with the dressing and a few basil leaves.