The Ultimate Broad Bean Salad
Jamie Oliver loves this salad and so do we! It's a killer combo of popped broad beans, salty pecorino, Spanish ham and fresh mint. Perfect for a sunny weekend hanging out in the garden with family and friends.
- 2-3 large handfuls of broad beans
- a small handful pecorino
- 75g spanish ham e.g. Pata Negra
- 1 lemon, grated zest and juice
- handful of mint leaves
- a healthy spash of extra virgin olive oil
- Separate the broad beans into 2 piles – big and small. Drop the big ones into boiling water for 1 minute and then put them aside to cool down. Pop them out of their shells when they’re cool enough to handle.
- Roughly mash the blanched broad beans – you can do this with a food processor, chop them up with a knife or crush them in a pestle and mortar. Mix together with the small raw beans, the pecorino, lemon juice, oil and some of the mint, finely chopped.
- Season to taste, then serve with the torn ham, a final zesting of lemon and the rest of the mint ripped up and scattered over the top.