Corn Veggie Burger
Packed with flavour, these vegan corn burgers are healthy and seriously satisfying
- 400g chickpeas, drained
- 340g sweetcorn, drained
- half a bunch of fresh corriander, remove leaves, retain stalks
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ½ teaspoon ground corriander
- zest from one lemon
- 3 tablespoon plain flour, plus extra for dusting
- Drain and place the chickpeas and sweetcorn into a food processor.
- Add half of the corriander leaves and all of the stalks to the processor. Save the rest of the leaves to garnish.
- Add the spices, lemon zest, flour and a pinch of salt, then pulse until combined, but not smooth.
- On a flour-dusted surface, divide and shape the mixture into four equally sized patties (roughly 2cm thick).
- 5. Place on a tray and refrigerate for around 30 minutes to firm up.
- Heat some oil in a large frying pan over a medium heat. Once hot, add the patties and cook for around 10 minutes, or until golden and cooked through, turning halfway.
- Serve on soft buns, garnish with tomato, lettuce and carriander leaves, ketchup or mayonaise.