Wild Garlic and Walnut Pesto
Toss this into hot pasta, swirl it into a vegetable soup, use on bruschetta or crostini, or serve with roast veg.
- 50g walnuts, shelled
- 75g wild garlic, leaves and stems, washed and roughly chopped
- 35g parmesan, finely grated
- half a lemon, zest and juice
- 125ml extra virgin olive oil
- sea salt
- ground black pepper
- Heat the oven to 180C/350F/gas mark 4.
- Put the nuts in an ovenproof dish and toast for five to eight minutes, checking from time to time because they burn easily.
Leave to cool.
- Put the toasted nuts in a food processor, along with the wild garlic, parmesan and lemon zest.
- Blitz to a paste, then, with the motor running, slowly add the oil until you have a thick, sloppy purée.
Scrape this into a bowl, add a squeeze of lemon and season to taste.
This pesto will keep in a jar in the fridge for a few days.