Winter Greens Pie
This pie uses the best of winter greens mixed together in a comforting presentation.
- 60g mixture of greens such as chard, kale or spinach, cut into rough 2.5cm pieces
- 90g feta cheese, crumbled
- 50g pine nuts or walnuts
- 40g sultanas
- drizzle of olive oil
- 100g almond flour
- 40g rice flour
- 1 egg yolk
- juice 1/2 lemon
- pinch sea salt
- 80g butter
- Start by making the pastry: blend together all ingredients in a food processor until smooth. Taste for salt and add as needed.
- Roll out 60cm of baking paper, fold it in half and place the pastry in the middle of both sheets (like a sandwich). Refrigerate until firm.
- Pre-heat the oven to 180C. Make the filling by combining all ingredients. Toss well with your hands, add a generous glug of olive oil and season to taste.
- Prepare a 22cm in diamete pie dish by rubbing the bottom and sides with olive oil. Then pour in the filling.
- Remove the pastry from the fridge. Keep the baking paper folded in half and roll out the pastry between the sheets of paper using a rolling pin. It should be about half a centimeter thick. Remove the paper from one side of the pastry, then place the pastry on top of the pie. Pull off the paper on the other side and ensure the pastry sits evenly flat atop the filling. Trim the edges around the top.
- Place pie in the oven and cook for 20 minutes or until lightly brown and crisp on top.