Winter Purslane Salad with Belgium Endive
Purslane is a delicious but often overlooked wild green, resembling tiny lily pads and having a similarity to young baby spinach in taste. The leaves are tender, juicy, and succulent and both the stems and leaves can be used raw in salads. Combined with this super salad dressing to make even the simplest plate of greens memorable.
- Generous handful of Winter purslane
- 1 head of endive, chopped
- 8 tablespoons walnut oil
- 2 tablespoons good quality red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- sea salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a small bowl, whisk together vinegar and mustard. Gradually whisk in the walnut oil until well combined. season with salt and pepper.
- Lightly toss dressing with the delicate greens and serve.